One can suffer from hair fall, hair thinning, or balding anywhere in their body this is often called as Alopecia. This is one of the most embarrassing and pesky problems for someone who wants to achieve the perfect and beautiful look. Hair growth proceeds through three phases in which it follows the pattern of growing, regression and shedding. On an average, we lose around 80 to 100 hairs a day but when one loses more than that then it can be quite worrisome.
What are the symptoms of Hair fall?
Hair fall or Alopecia can have several symptoms like:
- Loss of hairs in clumps from the scalp
- Extreme thinning of hair
- Loss of hair from any part of the body without any particular cause
- Hair loss from scalp and eyebrow
What are the complications of hair fall?
Hair fall is one of the most common problems suffered by many on the planet and quite explainable there are various complications attached to this problem like:
- Low self-esteem: Hair fall has been linked to low self-esteem issues in various individuals across the planet
- Depression: Hair fall accompanies with a sense of brooding and let down which might eventually grow into depression
- Dandruff: Hair fall that is a result of poor nutrition tends to cause dandruff too
- Sunburn: Because of hair fall if your scalp is exposed then your scalp becomes the obvious target for the ultraviolet rays to attack and cause more harm and resulting in sunburns
- Thyroid disease, Diabetes, and Vitiligo: Various studies show that hair fall accompanies these diseases as all of them are linked with a weaker immune system
What are the causes of Hair fall?
Hair fall can have various causes like:
- Stress: Physical or mental stress, injury, accidents, childbirth, surgery, emotional disorders can all be accompanied by hair fall
- Birth Control: Women often use various birth control pills which have hair fall as a side effect
- Hormonal Imbalance: Pregnant women go through a roller coaster of hormonal imbalance because of which they might suffer from hair fall
- Infection: Various scalp infections like ringworm result in hair fall
- Diet: A poor diet is often the cause of hair fall as the proteins and keratin that hair strands need is not available to them
- Aging: A individual might naturally lose hair due to aging
- Lifestyle: Your lifestyle can have a strong impact on your hair. If you indulge in smoking or excessive drinking then your hair strands tend to become thin, which result in hair fall
- Genetic: If your family has a history of male pattern baldness or female pattern baldness then chances are that you might have it too
- Trichotillomania: This is an impulsive disorder in which the person is always trying to pull out or at his or her hairs
- Medical conditions: Various medical conditions like cancer, anemia, iron deficiency, polycystic ovary syndrome in women are often accompanied by hair fall
What can we at Lumiere do for you?
We at Lumiere understand the severity of this condition and have hence come up with treatment plans that are designed by our very talented dermatologists to help you with your problem. We offer you a 360-degree solution where we examine every aspect of your life to come up with a long-term solution to your problem. So contact us and leave behind your hair fall worries!