What is Hair fall?
Hair fall can be defined as a thinning of hair on the scalp. The medical term for hair fall is alopecia. Hair fall can be temporary or permanent and it occurs gradually with age but due to the current lifestyle and the environment that we live in we get to see premature hair fall.
What are the symptoms of Hair fall?
There can be various symptoms of hair fall like:
- Gradual thinning of hair on top of head: This is one of the most common symptoms of hair loss and we normally get to see that the hair gradually recedes
- Circular or patchy bald spots: Some people experience smooth, coin-sized bald spots and in some cases, the area might become itchy and painful before the hair falls out
- Sudden loss of hair: A sudden shock or trauma can result in one losing their hairs. This causes overall hair thinning and not bald patches
- Full-body hair loss: Some conditions and medical treatments can result in the loss of hair all over the body. In this case, the hair usually grows back after a certain period of time
- Patches of scaling that spread over the scalp: This is a sign of ringworm and it may be accompanied by broken hairs, redness, swelling, and oozing
What are the causes of Hair fall?
Hair fall can have various causes and some of them are mentioned below:
- Heredity: This is the most common cause and it usually means that if you have a family history of hair fall then chances are that you might have it too
- Hormonal change: A variety of conditions such as childbirth, menopause, pregnancy and various others might trigger a change in the hormonal balance of an individual which might result in hair fall
- Medical conditions: Some medical condition like ringworm accompanies hair fall
- Medication and Supplements: Hair fall might be a side effect of certain medications such as those given for treating cancer, depression, heart problems, and blood pressure
- Shock: If someone experienced a very stressful and shocking situation then that individual might experience hair fall
- Hairstyles and Treatments: Certain hairstyles and cosmetics used on the head might result in hair fall
What can Lumiere do for you?
We at Lumiere understand the importance of luxurious and shiny hair and hence we have prepared the best possible treatments for you with the help of the latest technologies and our amazing team of dermatologists. We offer a 360-degree solution to you in which we examine every aspect of your lifestyle and offer you a long-lasting solution to your hair fall problem. So contact us and say goodbye to all your hair fall worries!