What is Excessive Sweating?
Everybody sweats and it is healthy for an individual to sweat regularly as it helps in releasing various toxins from the body and open up those pores on your skin but when somebody sweats a lot then that condition is termed as Hyperhidrosis. Excessive sweating or hyperhidrosis is not just embarrassing but can be quite uncomfortable for both the individual who is sweating too much and others around him or her. It is often quite undesirable to smell or stink even though it might be caused by your sweating; it is still rather off-putting.
What are the various types of excessive sweating or hyperhidrosis?
There are various types of hyperhidrosis like:
- Focal Hyperhidrosis: This is characterized by localized excessive sweating like under the armpit, back or some other area of your body
- Generalized Hyperhidrosis: This is characterized by excessive sweating throughout the body
- Primary Idiopathic Hyperhidrosis: In this type of hyperhidrosis the cause is not known and even if one tried their best it is still quite hard to determine the real cause behind that excessive sweating
- Secondary Hyperhidrosis: This type of hyperhidrosis is due to some underlying medical condition, that underlying medical condition could be cancer, obesity, HIV, TV and various others
What are the symptoms of excessive sweating?
There can be various symptoms of excessive sweating including:
- Clammy or wet palms
- Clammy or wet soles of the feet
- Noticeable sweating that soaks through clothing
- Often suffering from various skin problems
- Constant worrying about body odor
What are the causes of excessive sweating?
Excessive sweating has various causes like:
- Pregnancy: Pregnant women go through various hormonal changes because of which they tend to sweat more
- Diabetes: Patients suffering from diabetes sometimes report excessive sweating
- Alcohol abuse: Individuals addicted to alcohol often sweat too much due to various neurological activities
- Spinal cord injury: Individuals recovering from spinal cord injury tend to sweat more than the others
- Obesity: This is one of those diseases that result in ones sweating more
- Respiratory failure: Respiratory failures have also been linked with excessive sweating
- Medication: Various medications especially antidepressants often makes the individual prone to excessive sweating
- Cancer: It has been linked to excessive sweating
- Stress: Individual under excessive stress for a longer duration of time tend to sweat more than a healthy individual
What can we at Lumiere do for you?
We at Lumiere understand your struggle and have come up with various treatment plans for you that will help you in combating the sweat away. We have the latest FDA-approved treatment plans that are guaranteed to make your life easier and free of that embarrassment and constant worrying about body odor. So contact us so that you can stop obsessing over your body odor!