What is Excess Hair Growth?
Human Beings are born with hairs all over there body but there is a difference between the hair on a man’s body and woman’s. The hair on a woman’s body is lighter, softer and sort of feathery in texture but when those hairs are coarse and tend to grow in a huge amount that might result in you being uncomfortable and embarrassed. If that is the case with you then it is quite possible that you might have a condition called hirsutism. This condition is also called hypertrichosis.
What are the Symptoms of Excess Hair Growth?
Excess Hair growth can be accompanied by the following symptoms:
- Abnormal menstrual periods or having no periods
- A deeper voice
- Increased muscle mass
- Decreased breast size
What are the Causes of Excess Hair Growth?
Usually, women with hirsutism have elevated level of male sex hormones, which are called androgens. This increase in the level of this hormone could be due to the following reasons:
- Polycystic Ovary Syndrome: In this condition, there is a present of cysts in the ovaries due to hormonal imbalance
- Cushing’s Syndrome: This condition occurs when the hormone cortisol is produced by the body for an extended period of time
- Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia: This condition interferes with the normal functioning of the adrenal gland and results in the increased production of androgens
- Tumors: Often tumors growing in ovaries and adrenal gland might also cause this problem of excess hair growth
- Medications: Various medications such as steroids, some hormones, and Danazol which is a drug used to treat endometriosis can trigger excess hair growth
What can Lumiere do for you?
Most women tend to shave, wax, bleach, thread or use hair removal creams to get rid of their hair but there is a certain amount of discomfort associated with those methods not to mention the various side effects like increase in the rate of hair growth, hair growing more thicker and darker, and the various risks like getting chemical burns or getting cuts. All this paints a rather gruesome picture which one might want to escape from.
So Lumiere brings in the perfect solution for you by introducing various hair removal methods that are far less unpleasant than the above mentioned. At Lumiere, a patient is treated with the least number of possible sittings and guarantees a 70-100% minimization in hair growth combined with negligible side effects. We tend to be quite honest and upfront with you regarding various aspects of the treatment and can assure you that our team of dermatologists will give every patient their individual attention with the assurance of the least possible pain during the procedure. We use the best technologies from around the globe like the completely painless Trio Ultima, Soprano ICE and Light-Neo. Our team guarantees results so contact out experts now!