What are ACNE Scars ?
Sometimes when acne heals it can leave its mark behind. They are often red but can be shallow, deep or flat too. Acne scar may occur on the face, chest, back, butt, nose and every other area of your body that you can think of. They often look unsightly and give you an uneven skin which one might not desire. But you do not have to live with your acne scars; with the advancement in medical sciences it has now become possible to treat those unseemly acne scars.
Acne scars are of various types but the most common are:
- Ice pick scars: These are characterized by the presence of very deep holes in the skin that look like the skin has been punctured with an ice pick. These are often formed when the body produces too little collagen in response to an injury.
- Boxcars scars: These are also depressed, but these scars tend to be broader and boxier in comparison to ice pick scars. These too are formed when little collagen has been produced by the body during wound healing
- Rolling scars: These scars have smooth edges and look like tiny hills and valleys. These are also depressed in nature
- Keloid scars: These scars are raised and can appear reddish in light skin tones and pinkish in darker skin tones
- Hyperpigmentation: It is a dark spot or discoloration caused by acne related inflammation
- Combination scars: These are nothing but the combination of various scars and these are the most common types of acne scars found
What are the causes of Acne Scars?
Acne Scars can be caused by a variety of factors including:
- Popping, Squeezing and Picking acne: This is the most common cause and this method results in inflammation and increases chances of marks and acne scars
- Heredity factor: Gene plays a vital role and if your parents have acne scars then it is quite likely that you might have them too
- Inflammatory acne: The presence of painful and reddish bumps such as cysts and nodules increases the chance of acquiring acne scars as they develop deep into the skin
- Delayed treatment: The longer one delays the treatment of various type of acne the greater chance that person has in developing acne scars
What can Lumiere do for you?
While there are various sites on the internet that boasts of ‘treating’ acne scars through cheaper home remedies but in truth hardly even a few really work. And even those that work requires months of practice before they even begun to show a difference.
So Lumiere with the advancement in medical sciences takes the help of world-class technologies like lasers, fillers, dermaroller, and radio frequency technology to come and help you achieve that smooth and even skin. Our Dermatologists have the best treatment for acne scars. Go ahead and get the perfect skin you wanted with the help of Lumiere!